Eyre Writers Week
- 2019 -
Going into only its third year, Lower Eyre Peninsulas SALT Festival - a week-long arts and innovations event featuring hundred of artists, musicians, authors and scientists - is already recognized as one of Australia's premier festivals.
The literary arm of the SALT Festival, Eyre Writers Week, presents a program of not-for-profit events aiming to bring writers and readers together, promote authors, and foster a love of reading an literacy.
We of the Eyre Writers Week committee love nothing more than to host a wide range of fiction and non-fiction authors. This presents itself for a keen author the opportunity to extend your reader base and sell your books!
If you are a fiction, poet, or non-fiction author, you are invited to apply for a place in our Festival under the following conditions:
* Inclusion in our program either as a speaker or presenter.
* Promotional opportunities (including author talks, panels, book sales/signings, and workshops (if you choose to run one).
* Billeting - kindly supplied by our local writers and authors.
* Order copies of your books through our local newsagent to have on sale at your events.
* List of your events in the SALT Festival program and website (which appears in a number of Australian capital city and regional newspapers, and even shows up internationally!).
* Promotional of your events both on Eyre Writers and SALT social media platforms
What you need to supply:
* Your own transport arrangements
* Your own food whilst you stay
* Your books if you wish to have them available for sale but choose to not get them via the local newsagent
* Your accommodation (if you do NOT wish to be billeted)
Port Lincoln and the Eyre Peninsula are will be buzzing during the week of the Festival, and this means that you can add events anywhere in the vicinity including Cummins, Tumby Bay, Coffin Bay, Port Lincoln ~ just to name a few! We will support you locally and help with your promotion and engagement.
To learn more and submit your interest in participating please complete the form below and we will be in touch: